- Dylan Johnson was arrested on February 7th, 2012 for a alleged crime that occurred in Guanjuato, Mexico in 2003.
- No evidence. No DNA. No motive.
- Police report estimated victim’s age to be 27, not 16, as some unofficial sources claim.
- A corrupt photo array containing five photos of Mexican men and one American male (Dylan).
- Sole “witness” interviewed 6 years after the crime.
- According to the witness’s description, the assailant had blonde hair and blue eyes. Dylan has brown hair and green eyes.
- The license plate, make and model of the truck was never reported, yet Johnson’s truck was seized illegally based on color alone.
- 6 months in solitary confinement in the U.S. , being denied medical care. Denied hygiene products and medical care in Mexico.
- Writ of Habeas Corpus dismissed, due to late filling by public defender.
- Rapid extradition without legal notification. Extradited without proper identification, Dylan has no ID in Mexico.
- Admitting to no signs of sexual activity, Mexico dropped the rape charge.
- April 9, 2013 Dylan is sentenced to 13 years.
- May 25, 2013 13 year sentence is vacated. Retrial is immediately started.
- September 15, 2013 Dylan is sentenced to 13 years.
- November 8, 2013 13 year sentence is vacated for the second time.
November 30, 2013: The Judge offers a special plea deal asking for Dylan to plead guilty, and accept a TWO year sentence. Dylan refused.
December 24, 2013: The Judge offers the plea deal for the second time, and once again Dylan refused.
January 13, 2014: A third trial will begin with a new Judge.
July 1, 2014: Third trial is currently ongoing.